Writer’s Block Warriors unite! ✍️ 💪
A few weeks ago, one of our followers, @chxstnxt1315, asked us for some tips on how to beat writer’s block (thank you for the wonderful question!). No matter how many years we’ve been writing, there will always be times when we find ourselves endlessly staring at a blank page! 😩 Over time, these have become our top 10 favorite ways to defeat writer’s block:
1) Do a brain dump- just let all your thoughts out! By allowing your mind to naturally flow without the pressure of writing something perfect, you will slowly get back into a positive writing mindset where you feel comfortable putting your ideas on the page.
2) Get some fresh air- getting some fresh air and sunshine always helps us feel more awake, inspired, and productive!
3) Change your setting- whether you are taking a trip to your living room or across the country, you will find that working in a new environment provides you with a whole new perspective!
4) Listen to the stories of family & friends- when it comes to stories, there are none that we find more inspiring than real ones. Especially those of the ones we love!
5) Eat some brain food- feed your brain something yummy and it’ll be sure to reward you for your kindness!
6) Remove all distractions- yes, I’m looking at you on your cell phone! Get back to writing! 😇😂
7) Play some music and MOVE- we’ve already got you covered on the music, so get up and dance along! 💃
8) Journal- oftentimes the most helpful thing you can do to get your writing groove back is to get to the root cause of what is causing the slump!
9) Sleep on it, let your dreams do the work- you’ll be amazed at all the work your brain can accomplish when you’re at rest!
10) SMILE! 😁 and be kind to yourself! Remember, your brain is on your side! ❤️
Let us know in the comments below what your favorite ways are to beat writer’s block! And, if you have any other questions for us, make sure to let us know by sending us a DM!
Always be your-shelf! 📚
Caroline & Katherine
Sisters & storytellers for children (and children at heart! ❤️)